PLEASE NOTE: we open and close our waiting list to make sure women don’t wait too long for support. We are currently accepting requests for service for:
One to One Counselling
- For women who are pregnant or have been pregnant in the past 12 months, or care for an infant under 1 year of age
Please note the waiting list for our general service is currently closed. Please check back regularly, we will reopen it as soon as possible.
Please note the waiting list for our long and short term group therapy services are currently closed. Please check back regularly, we will reopen it as soon as possible.
Support, (up to 12 weeks), to remove barriers that prevent women from accessing counselling at WCTS.
- professional referrals for women who need additional support to access counselling and are pregnant or have been pregnant in the past 12 months, or care for an infant under 1 year of age
(If you have difficulties completing an online form please ring us on: 0113 245 5725 and we will complete with you.)
As a small service we are unable to accept requests from:
- Women who are currently working with a Community Mental Health Team
- Women who have had an emergency admission to hospital in relation to their mental health for over 24 hours in the last six months
- Women who suffer a severe eating disorder
- Women experiencing active issues such as psychosis, bi-polar, severe depression, severe OCD
- Women who regularly and severely self-harm such as to need to access mental health crisis and emergency services
- Women who are actively suicidal and those who have tried to end their life in the last six weeks
- Women whose primary difficulty is with substance misuse, and who are currently using substances regularly
- Women who currently pose a high risk of violence to others
Also we are unable to accept requests for service from:
- Women who are currently seeing another therapist
- Women who can afford private therapy (except services for women who are pregnant or have been pregnant in the last 12 months, or care for an infant under 1 year of age – these are open to women regardless of income)
- Women who have recently worked with our service (a break of at least four months is required before making a new ‘request for service’ to allow previous work to ‘settle’)
Please do contact us on 0113 245 5725 if you have any queries about these eligibility points.